Jan 2014 - Present
Research Scientist @ Fraunhofer MEVIS, Bremen, Germany
- Medical image analysis with deep learning and machine learning techniques
- Automatic organ segmentation in CT and MR
- Automatic liver lesion detection and segmentation in CT and MR
- Automatic vessel segmentation in contrast-enhanced CT and MR
- Real-time catheter segmentation in fluoroscopy images
- Explainability and uncertainty estimation of CNN-models
- Automatic anomaly detection
- Statistical shape models
- Developer of an internal deep learning framework RedLeaf
- Standalone and web application development
- Project acquisition
Sep 2013 - Dec 2013
Junior Software Developer @ Samsung Electronics, Łódź, Poland
- Mobile product development
- Responsible for firmware-over-the-air updates and the home screen app
Jul 2012 - Sep 2012
Summer Placement @ Fraunhofer MEVIS, Bremen, Germany
- Software development with MeVisLab within the MAVO FUS project regarding focused ultrasound therapy
Placement @ Foundation for Cardiac Surgery Development, Zabrze, Poland
- Software development with LabVIEW for MAXON EC motor control
Internship @ Regional Hospital, Raciborz, Poland
- Medical equipment repair and maintenance
2017 - Present
External PhD Candidate @ Radboud University Medical Center, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
- Research Topic: "Automatic Liver Analysis with Deep Learning"
- Supervisors: Prof. Bram van Ginneken, Prof. Horst Karl Hahn
Visiting Student @ ETH Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
- Carrying out a Master's thesis project within the FUSIMO European project
MSc in Electronics and Telecommunications @ Wrocław University of Technology, Wrocław, Poland
- Thesis: "Uncertainty Formulation of Motion Models for Abdominal Organs"
- Awarded with distinction
BSc in Biomedical Engineering @ Wrocław University of Technology, Wrocław, Poland
- Thesis: "Design of a Linear Ultrasonic Probe for Dynamic Beam Focusing"
- Awarded with distinction
- 3rd place in the MICCAI 2017 round of the international Liver Tumor Segmentation Challenge.
- 13th place in the Global S-TopCoder 2013 November Competition organized internationally for all Samsung employees.
- Best thesis award of the Faculty of Electronics, Wrocław University of Technology.
- Award in the TOP10 contest for 10 best graduates of the Faculty of Electronics, Wrocław University of Technology.
- Received the Zeno Karl Schindler Foundation Scholarship Grant for carrying research at ETH Zurich.
2008 - 2011
- Continuous recipient of the the Ministry of Higher Education Scholarship awarded nationwide to approximately top 5% students enrolled in the highest priority majors.
Polish (native) • English (fluent) • German (fluent) • Russian (novice)
Computing & IT
- TensorFlow, Keras, Theano, Lasagne, scikit-learn, scikit-image, numpy, scipy, pandas, OpenCV
- MeVisLab, PyCharm, MS Visual Studio, Xcode, LabVIEW, Docker
- HTML, CSS, Angular, Bootstrap
- git, subversion, JIRA issue tracing, Confluence
- ISTQB Certified Tester, Foundation level
- Academic Communication and Presentation
- Project Management at Fraunhofer
- Project Management
- Scrum Basics
- Category B driving license (non-commercial passenger vehicles)